Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Talks with My Twenties: March 22, 2005 - Age 24

Vacation….gone already 

Well, turns out my vacation stunk. I got sick on the days when I could finally go out. Lost my voice and well, I'll just say I got disrespected HARDCORE. I wanted to hang out in Chicago this past weekend, but sickness didn't allow for it. Crapola. That's the only way to describe it. However, i [sic] did catch up on my sleep. That's good. Also, I entered Stark-Tinkham today! We'll see what happens, but hey, who knows. Anyhow, I'm still sick, so I am going to go to bed. I'll catch you all up later. Anyone have any gas money? I didn't think so.

This is the only way I can possibly respond to the first part of this blog post.


The things you wrote about, 24-year-old me. Good lordt.



Anyways…

Girl, I know. Being sick on a vacation is never fun---but let's face it, this was probably the Universe's way of saying, "Oh honey…you're too broke to be spending what little money you have on trips to Chicago and Jagerbombs---tall. 

YES. 24-year-old me drank Jagerbombs tall. As a drink. In an actual pint glass.

It certainly is.
Again…

...how am I still alive?!



Ah well, eventually you start to realize these seemingly unfortunate types of circumstances are actually gifts from the Universe in disguise. I don't know if that comes with age or what, but it's a living-in-the-moment acceptance of what is. And let me tell you, it's much easier this way. 

I have no idea what happened when you lost your voice and who disrespected you or why. So, although it seemed HARDCORE…it really wasn't.


About Stark-Tinkham (my college's annual writing competition)…you win.

First and second place in the same category (poetry).

I know I like to think that I'm wiser than you in my 33-years, but in this respect you absolutely are ahead of the game. 

You believed in your work and were fearless about it. Where does that go? 

Because somewhere along the line you start to second-guess your abilities.

I mean, I start to.

What I'm saying is, I could learn a lot from you when it comes to putting myself out there and being a little more confident and fearless in the things that I do, 24-year-old Tiff.

The callout for gas money on your MySpace blog though, girl?





No comments:

Post a Comment