Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Talks with My Twenties: A New Blog Project

So, it's no surprise that it's been quite a while since I've posted in FLAD - which initially was created in order for me to deal with a shiny, new breakup.

Well folks, it's been 8 months...which is about half as long as the relationship lasted and so, according to my mom's very sound theory, it's exactly the amount of time it takes to recover from heartbreak.

That's right, take the amount of time you spent with Mr. or Ms. wrong, divide it in half, and then you'll be able to successfully calculate how much time you have to gorge yourself on pints of ice cream and cry into your pillow with the excuse, "BUT I AM DEALING WITH HEARTBREAK! Feelings...are only made...to be EATEN. And the only pants that I want in my life ARE MADE OF FLANNEL AND FOR SLEEPING. My face is covered in mascara and I'm fucking LEAVING IT!"

Truth be told, I've been feeling fine since about September, when the shock of the whole thing diminished greatly and I found myself two months into living in my cozy, new apartment, making new friends and reconnecting with old ones, and celebrating the awesomeness of life in general.

This is how I celebrate.
This is also how I start my mornings.



So at this point it's safe to say, I'm not only over it but I'm really into living life to the fullest in general.

So if there's no post-breakup healing to be done anymore,  what does that mean for FLAD?

Well...sometimes life gives you lemons...and you made lemonade...

...and THEN you happened to find a bottle of vodka in your cabinet.

What I'm saying is, I found a collection of ALL OF MY MYSPACE BLOGS FROM 2005 - 2008.

!!!

Glory!

That's right. My mid-twenties laid out in my own words and experiences. And it is glorious. And embarrassing. And also kind of heartbreaking. But mostly glorious.

So I've decided to dedicate my postings on FLAD to a new project: Talks with My Twenties.

 I'll be posting an old blog excerpt of mine from those MySpace gems, and then provide commentary based on what's happened since.

 It's like a time machine. It's a moment for me to go back and see myself at 24, 25, 26, and 27 and not only understand that version of myself in a new way, but understand who I am today in a new light as well.

It's also a moment for you to laugh at whatever this experiment may bring. 

It's going to be about acceptance, and hilarity, and the false thinking that we obviously know everything there is to know about life, and honesty. Brutal, hilarious, honesty.

And guys? I'm RULL excited about it.

Bookmark this blog, bitches. It's gonna be a rollercoaster of sidesplitting nonsense that you DO NOT want to miss.

And also some terrible poetry.

Love,
Tiff
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment