Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Talks with My Twenties: December 26, 2004 - Age: 24

It's been a while

So I signed up for this thing a looooooooong time ago and never really used it. But then I got bored and remembered it was here, so here I am. I really have nothing to write. My holidays were as dysfunctional as ever. Yippee. I dunno. Maybe I'll think of something more interesting to write about later. Let's hope, eh?

Not much to this post. What a rousing start, right?

Here's what I can tell you: I had just turned 24 this October. My boyfriend at the time was out of town celebrating the holidays in California with his family.

I'm sure what I meant by "dysfunctional" was "Boo hoo. My boyfriend is away AND IT'S CHRISTMAS."

Little did I know the relationship would be ending about a month later, just after our 2-year anniversary, because he would be getting a job in LA.

And I would think my life was over.

I think in this post I was hoping to draw some attention because I was bored and also thinking that perhaps the "something more interesting to write about later" would be an engagement ring.

Oh...dear, sweet, cloud-headed, 24-year-old Tiff...an engagement ring? Really?  At this point, your divorce was JUST finalized, dude. Trust me, I thank my lucky stars every day that you did not marry this guy.  Believe me...you have a ton of things coming up that you would have missed if that were the case.

Something more interesting to write about later? Um..yeah. You definitely will. And it's all better than an engagement ring.

Love,
33-year old Tiff

P.S. There was no engagement ring. Instead, he came back with lingerie that was 2 sizes too small (this was a regular occurrence with him. The guy bought me pleather lingerie FOR MOTHER'S DAY 2003), and a weird jean jacket coat lined with fake beaver fur.

P.P.S. I know this post was lackluster. Give it time. In the summer of 2005, I'm a little out of control. And I date a lot. And I talk about that dating a lot a lot. And I have no idea what I'm doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment