Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

so many updates!

Well guys, for the first time in the history of my many, many, many blogging endeavors -- I can finally say the reason that I haven't updated is TRULY because I've been BUSY. AS. SHIT.



Not a joke.

In June I auditioned for an 8-week talent show judged by hyper-intelligent apes from the future. The show is called Impress These Apes.



I was lucky enough to be one of 16 semi-finalists invited back for the Live Callback Show on July 7th.

My challenge was hip hop dancing, in case you were curious. And I worked for two full weeks trying to hone my routine to as close as perfection as someone who has no rhythm or control of her arms could.

The hard word paid off as I became one of the 8 contestants for Season 8 of Impress These Apes!



We're just entering week 5 now and I'll tell you what: It is equal parts exhilariating...and exhausting. I have never been so creatively challenged and pushed in my life. I'm losing sleep. Losing my mind. And I cry weekly. But seriously...I LOVE IT.

Because I'm also becoming fearless in my creativity. And I'm making new things every single weeks. Things I've never even thought of attempting before! For example, this upcoming Monday the challenge is to perform 5 minutes of original standup material --- while being heckled ruthlessly.

1.) I have never performed standup but I've always wanted to try. Now? I HAVE NO CHOICE.
2.) I'm intrigued at the thought of fending off a heckler. What will I do? How will I respond? Even I don't know and that's scary and awesome.

Scary awesome. 

Anyways, if you're interested in what you might have missed up until now, you can see everyone's work and scores by visiting www.impresstheseapes.com.

If you are interested in my work specifically (although I really mean it when I say this cast is talented as balls and you should check out EVERYONE!), you can find it nicely organized here: http://impresstheseapes.com/category/the-contestants/tiff/

You can also follow along through the rest of the competition. The show is every Monday at 8pm, ComedySportz Theater, 929 W. Belmont. Tickets are $12.

You can also stream it live from impresstheseapes.com on Monday nights!


So for the past 5 weeks, that's where I've been. Well there's a little more actually...

I met a boy, bitches!
Yeah, that's right. In June, after a year-plus-long (self-imposed, for the most part) sabbatical from dating,  I met a boy.

For the purposes of anonymity, we'll henceforth just refer to him as The Actor (Because he's an actor. See what I did there?)

Our first date was getting cupcakes at 11pm on a Saturday -- which was sign #2 that I've likely hit the jackpot when it comes to meeting a quality human being to spend time with. (So far this has been right.)

Sign #1 was that he liked both the US and UK versions of The Office "for different reasons."

Good man.

He makes me laugh, he's fun and interesting, he's handsome and also he has encouraged me through all these weeks of Apes so far (and I mean it when I say I've cried at least once every. single. week.), and has been more supportive than I could have even asked for. Not just with Apes, but with everything.

Let's not get too sappy here, though. This is FLAD for crissakes.

But he gives me bubbles in my guts...and they are certainly not gas. So I'm happy. I'm really happy.

I'll update again soon. Certainly after Apes --- because I feel like I'll be doing a lot more with comedy and performing when the competition ends.

So duh, there will be interesting, ridiculous things to write about!

Aren't YOU excited?



No comments:

Post a Comment